- Give your opinion regarding what you've tested to impact this ranking
- Add non-listed sites you like
- Modify the pages to keep this ranking updated
- Get referrals for your favorite sites in return for your participation
As an amateur or a professional artist, you want to develop your network and promote your music in order to, maybe, earn a bit of money...Nothing more natural...
First of all, to remain legal, be aware that all of your tracks will have to be 100% original, it means that they won't have to contain any extract already created by other artists which could be subject to a copyright.
Otherwise, you should know what kind of licences are subject the copied elements, in order to avoid any problem !
Which platform(s) to choose...?
Lots of websites offer to upload your creations but how to decide ?
Generally, you will have to pay a subscription (around 10€/month) so you can upload unlimitedly (yep! the storage of datas isn't free for hosters!)
Websites like Soundcloud, Mixcloud and Bandcamp make part of the best-known ones, but you must also succeed in being "visible" among hundreds of new artists uploading their creations daily...
Regarding Jamendo and Dogmazic, the services offered are visibly free and the artists are paid thanks to users' donations.
Before uploading, please double check all the rights you give to these websites...In other words: don't forget to protect your work, if you want to make some benefits! :)
Here are some definitions that could be helpful in your researchs:
- free music: it is a music which can freely be copied, distributed and modified.
- royalty-free music: it refers to a type of music licensing that allows the purchaser to pay for the music license only once and to use the music for as long as desired.
- Copyright: it is a legal right created by the law of a country that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights for its use and distribution.