- Give your opinion regarding what you've tested to impact this ranking
- Add non-listed sites you like
- Modify the pages to keep this ranking updated
- Get referrals for your favorite sites in return for your participation
|2||Price for A4 format 50 pages|
The online photo book market is very competitive, you will have a lot to choose from to create, like a pro, a photo book to match your every mood.
To begin: take your time!
The creation of your album will take time: that's for sure!
Between the selection of the photos, the choice of the site, the handling of the editing software, the positioning of the photos, the photos editing, the texts, the reframing and so on: several long hours can pass before finalizing your masterpiece ;)
Be patient and pay attention to details to avoid any mistake: it will be well worth it!
The criteria to study to make the right choice
All sites offering photo albums editing have similar pricing (except for a few euros, for the same type of book): so we must focus on other criteria such as materials, the handling of editing software and the options available to find which site will suits to your needs and with a great value.
1) The format of the book
Portrait, landscape, square, even mini-book: you will have to choose the most suitable format relating to the type of photos to be inserted.
Here is a table, given as an indication, to help you:
2) The type of cover
Rigid or flexible with glued binding, "notebook" style with stapled binding or even rigid with flat binding, canvas or leather... All sites offer a wide range about it.
Once again, everything will depend on the use you want to make of your album and especially the money you want to spend on it! (The notebook style is not really the most qualitative one, nor very suitable for an intense use, unlike the rigid cover for example)
3) The paperweight
The thiner paperweight is, the less qualitative it will be.
The range generally exists from 170g/m² (do not go below) up to 380g/m² for the thickest ones.
4) The paper type/finish
3 "basic" finishes are generally offered:
Satin finish: sophisticated, silky, pearly and soft touch
Matt finish: natural, no reflection, slightly satin
Glossy finish: enhances contrasts but has a major drawback: fingerprints !
One more precision: please don't expect that your book is of a comparable quality to your photo prints: the support is not the same, so it makes sense that the final result is different! But don't worry: the result you will get will normally be up to your expectations: we're dealing with printing specialists: keep it in mind!
5) The ease-of-use of the editing software
Most photo book consumers are not graphic designers: the sites had to create easy-to-use software (or online editors).
On this side: no sites stand out above the others... The difference will be made on the richness of the sets and other options of presentation/personalization offered.
You will have the choice between the online publisher, the software to be ownloaded or the application.
- The Software option: probably the best one. The setup is fast and some sites sometimes offer more tools and choices in the customization than their online version.
- The Online Editor option: if you have a good internet connection and you don't need to download too many photos, then no problem. Otherwise, beware of the crash in the middle of your achievement!
- The Application option: brand new on the market, it remains logically the least used for the moment because it requires some improvments: it generally offers fewer possibilities than the software or the online editor and is, above all, less convenient despite the touch side (touch is great but on a small screen, it is so-so, especially when you need to be precise!)
A cautionary note: the automatic editors offered by almost all sites are not really very powerful: we advise you to create your album without using them, otherwise you might spend more time debugging, reframing and repositioning your photos than if you had done it on your own ;)
We are never better served than by ourselves...
6) Manufacturing and delivery time
Between the time you're ordering your album and the one where you will receive it: it will take about 7 days (depending on the way it is sent).
However, pay attention to sites offering extremely short deadlines: please keep in mind, for example, that a glued binding requires a non-compressible drying time to have a good grip...It should not be that your book is botched and lose his pages at the first readings!
Now you know all you need to know to create a great album that will please your loved ones!
Our ranking of the best photo book creation sites will save you a precious time in your choice!
So on your marks...Get set...Create !!!