Recently separated/divorced or long-time single, you hardly find a niche in your hectic everyday life to look for the soul mate.
Don't worry, you are not alone in this case!
With a growing number of singles that now reaches 100 million people around the world, it is easy to understand the angoument and the interest sucit by the dating sites which propose to you to find the chosen from your heart, comfortably installed in your sofa.
Find THE site that suits you
For one night or for life; whether you are hetero, gay, young or senior: everyone can find it.
Generalist sites, mainly oriented hetero
Most of the dating sites offer encounters between heteros "lambda" (as Meetic, HugAvenue ...)
You can also meet people of the same sex but the choice is generally much smaller than on sites specializing in LGBT meetings.
Sites for LGBT
If you are part of the LGBT community, keep in mind that many sites are strictly reserved for you (Gaydar, Gindr, Her, Bumble, GEF, Weeple ...), gathering only people with the same sexual orientation as you. You will have more choices than if you register on "generalist" sites, which are still mainly oriented hetero.
The elitist sites
Some sites are also a little more "elitist", such as EliteRencontre or AttractiveWorld, for example, which only selects and offers meetings between people who are well educated, have a higher level of education, etc
The sites for seniors
Our parents and grandparents are also not left out and can also make beautiful meetings on sites that are reserved for them, like Our Beautiful Years or Let's say tomorrow for example.
When you register, if it turns out that you are under 50, most sites will point you nicely to more general sites.
Sites for fetishists
If you are oriented BDSM, foot fetishist or others: many sites are available to meet new people, such as bdsm.com, rencontre-fetichisme.fr...
Register, sort, dialogue, meet ... and more if affinity!
Most dating sites will give you a whole bunch of tips to help you make your first steps safely and put the best of luck on your side to get appointments.
Here is a sample:
- A nice profile photo, a beautiful description (without fault of spelling!), Are all points to treat to attract people that may interest you.
- Be selective keeping in mind your main selection criteria: this will save you time on profiles you do not match!
- Do not disclose personal information (social security number, bank accounts etc)
- Chat with the person to know him/her
- Meet him/her in a public place, warn some of your loved ones and go out covered (just in case!)
Can we really find Love on the Internet?
Even if some dating sites show us some good results in terms of lasting relationships (1/4 of the former members on Meetic would have found a partner for example), do not be fooled: many will be ephemeral. But we must obviously go through it to find a shoe to his feet (if that's really what we're looking for!)
According to a French survey of INED in 2014:
- 9% of couples formed on the Internet
- 45% of men have already been registered on a dating site compared to 18% of women
- among gays and lesbians: 1 in 3 people met their current partner on a dating site