What are the best MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) ?
There's nothing you cannot learn thanks to the Massive Open Online Course! Try it now!
Great trend in recent years, the MOOC is booming!
But what exactly is a MOOC ?
A MOOC means Massive Open Online Course.
A MOOC is, in other words, a new educational resource widening access to knowledge.
A huge quantity of courses are thus put on line, through several medias, such as PowerPoint presentations or videos mainly.
Practical exercices are available as well, and users can talk to teachers, experts and other users in forums.
|MOOC : knowledge is available for all, without any condition|
What can we learn through MOOC?
Everything! Whether you would like to improve your knowledge in botany, to learn mechanics, computer skills etc...Everything is possible!
Who can be part of it?
MOOC are open to EVERYONE! Student, employee, unemployed or retired: there's no selection or distinction!
MOOC, in numbers...
- At the end of 2015, there were more than 43100 MOOCs throughout the world.
- 61% of MOOCs require between 1 month and a half and 2 months of follow-up (as per a study carried out in October 2017 by d'après Eléonore VRILLON (IREDU, University of Bourgogne, France)
- Further to the results of several studies carried out by American organisms published by le Figaro or les Echos (French newspapers) for example, it turns out that very few registrants actually complete their assignment (about 5% only!), 9% stop at half of the courses offered and the remaining 86% give up quickly (in the first 2 weeks).
What are the reasons for quitting?
Few subscribers are actually interested in the whole cession and pick only what they need through the course and don't really want to take the final test.
This kind of online course visibly attracks a crowd of curious thirsty for knowledge.
The lack of attendance is also one of the factors responsible to the low success rate previously mentioned (some courses are they too long?)
However, it is important to emphasize that, on the total users really motivated who complete the courses, 62% pass the final test and besome certified.
What are the benefits of participating to a MOOC?
Extensive and in-depth knowledge, academic support, professional training (for a professional reorientation for example), free (for many of them, but not all of them!), huge range of courses available from anywhere and anytime...are some of the benefits of participating to a MOOC.
It is also interesting to note that some MOOCs can lead to a certificate or a degree that can potentially mean a lot on a CV for example.
- You can rewind and pause
- There is a college education for free with no degree
- Free 24-7 Top-Notch Tutor
- Learn it all No Degree